Interstellar Rift is an open world starship simulator with an emphasis on ship construction and multi-player interaction.
I started at Split Polygon as an intern in 2015 which transitioned into a full-time position after my graduation in 2017. As Split Polygon is a small company I've worked on a diverse array of tasks over the years.
- Currently porting the game to 64-bit
- Replaced the on-ship physics engine with a different physics engine
- Optimized engine, gameplay, and server code
- Implemented a resource scanner that can be used from a ship's cockpit to look for specific resources (see screenshots)
- Implemented a system for randomized missions that players can undertake
- Implemented a party system (known as crews in-game) and a guild system (known as fleets in-game)
- Partially automated the patch release pipeline
- Fixed a lot of bugs
|Project Type||Commercial Game|
|Project Timespan||November 2015 - Present|
|Tools & Technology||C#, Custom Engine (C++ | OpenGL)|